Saturday, May 11, 2013

It's Kimsmas Day!

So I totally did not plan this but my 42nd post just so happens to be falling on my 42nd birthday.

Forty-two 
42
XVII 
Quarante-duex 
Cuarenta y dos 

I don't know how others feel about their birthdays but I love mine. I love it not in the way that I want the world to stop and celebrate with me. Ok, who am I kidding. I call my birthday Kimsmasday. And when Mother's Day falls on my birthday it is a Mother of a Kimsmasday! I don't mind aging. I freely tell people my age, much to my mother's dismay, mainly because I don't look my age. I love hearing how old people think I am and will kiss anyone on the mouth who guesses under 30.

So in order to celebrate my 42nd post on my 42nd year on earth, I thought I would post 42 things about me.  Think of it as a peek inside my brain.

  1.  My favorite color is purple
  2.  It was a good thing my favorite color is purple because it is the color of my sorority Sigma Sigma Sigma. 
  3.  I have one sister who is younger than me. 
  4. My sister and I live on the same block. 
  5. I have 2 tattoos. 
  6. I love to read, always have. 
  7. I love to cook.
  8. I am a terrible baker.
  9. I read cookbooks like people read novels.
  10. When my husband gave me my KitchenAid mixer for our first Valentine's Day after we were married, I kissed it. 
  11. I have a degree in Social Work. 
  12. I went to college in North Carolina.
  13. If I could live anywhere in the world it would be in the South. 
  14. I took sign language in college. 
  15. My daughter is functionally non verbal and communicates with sign language and a communication device. (who knew?) 
  16. I have a pathological need to return my cart to the cart corral. I NEVER leave it loose in the parking lot. Even in the rain.
  17. I hate to get caught in the rain. 
  18. My favorite Muppet is Pepe the King Prawn
  19. I can't ever pass up Coal Miner's Daughter, Barefoot in the Park and Grease 2 when I come across them on television. 
  20. If I had to choose between something sweet or something savory. I will always pick savory. 
  21. Something sweet when eaten must always be followed by something savory. 
  22. I love sushi. 
  23. I hate spicy food. 
  24. I am allergic to raw onions and strawberries. 
  25. I love babies dressed in black. 
  26. I also love skull prints especially on babies. 
  27. I am very tactile. 
  28. I won't eat Jell-o because of the texture. 
  29. I won't eat bananas for the same reason but I love banana flavored food. 
  30. Contrary to that, I love my Yonanas machine which makes ice cream out of frozen bananas. 
  31. I don't eat foods that look like they need to shave. 
  32. I only eat scrambled eggs I have cooked myself. 
  33. My daughter is the greatest thing I have ever done. 
  34. My biggest fear is losing my husband or my daughter. 
  35. I have a one eyed Pekingnese named Leo. 
  36. I have a love/hate relationship with my rescue dog, Brownie. 
  37. I refuse to give up on him and return him to the shelter. 
  38. I am a cynic at heart but my daughter has made me an optimist.
  39. I make a mean gumbo. 
  40. I love cartoons. 
  41. I lost over 100 pounds. 
  42. The last thing I do before I go to sleep at night is touch my husbands face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment