Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Apologies...


It was never my intention to start this and drop off the face of the earth.  I apologize.  True confession time.... Winter is hard for me.  I hate the cold.  I miss the sun.  In all honesty, upstate NY is probably not the best place for me to live.  However, it is where the man of my dreams lives, so here I am.

That being said, I am ready to come back like the Lion of March! 


I have not been lazing around doing nothing. I am still a Pinaholic.  I have had a couple of recipe fails. White beans and ham.  If they look thin when you first mash the beans, wait. The beans will thicken. They DO NOT need you to add quinoa to the slow cooker.

This past weekend I made what my niece Charlotte affectionately called Milk Soup.  It was supposed to be potato corn chowder with chicken and ham. (I am sensing a pattern in my ham recipes) God Bless my husband and his brothers, they all ate it with out complaint.  I think mainly because my husband made Tastefully Simples AWESOME Beer Bread and they dipped it in the Milk Soup.

We have been gearing up for the South High Marathon Dance here in South Glens Falls.  It is such an amazing event and as I mentioned before it greatly changed our lives.  We will forever be part of the SHMD family and do anything we can to help future recipients.  You can watch live starting tomorrow night.  You can also donate online! Even the smallest amount makes a difference.

My Beauty loves ice hockey. We have been attending games the last couple of weekends.  We are planning to go again on Sunday. They offer a wonderful family 3 pack that includes hotdogs, drinks, popcorn and a program! Our seats last weekend were one row up from the ice. Super fun.

Finally, I have recommitted to my Twitter account.  You can follow me at  @MyTinyBaubles


No comments:

Post a Comment