Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Winter Fake

It is winter break here in the great northeast. I can't think of a worse week for the kids to be off.  It is too cold to send them out to play, most often the weather is wet or snowy.  I would rather get off a week early in the summer.

I was looking for a little fake sunshine here.  Why not provide it with food?  Since I can't be in Florida, how can I bring Florida to me... ORANGES!

Orange Marinated Chicken Thighs

4 chicken thighs skin on
2 cups orange juice
1 1/4 cups orange marmelade
2 tablespoons chopped roasted garlic
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
Seasoned salt to taste

In a gallon zip bag combine orange juice, 1 cup marmelade, garlic and mustard.  Add chicken and marinate over night in refrigerator.

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.  Remove chicken from marinade and season with Seasoned Salt to taste.  Place chicken in baking dish with about a 1/2 inch of marinade.  Brush the top of chicken thighs with 1/4 cup of reserved marmalade.  Bake for 45 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.

This was so yummy and delicious. It made the house smell wonderful and perfect for forgetting a snowy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment