Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Excessive Time in Waiting Room Fee

In my previous life I worked for a medical group, I understand that sometimes doctors get behind.
Today I showed up with Keely at 3:50 PM for her 4:00 PM  ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) appointment,  I know that this doctor consistently runs late. I have actually had to reschedule after sitting in the waiting room because I had to leave to make it to another appointment.  We have been patients there for 6 years, he is a wonderful doctor who I feel genuinely cares about my child and her well being.

We waited and waited and waited and waited. At 4:45 they finally called us from the waiting room to the exam room where you guessed it, we waited some more.  It took almost an hour to be seen.  Once we were with the doctor he took his time, asked all the right questions, reviewed our history and then (God bless this man for doing it) cleaned out Keely's ears.  

My poor Beauty has the waxiest ears on the planet.  They sort of remind me of how Shrek made a candle by sticking something in his ear. Unfortunately, this also makes her prone to ear infections. She hates to get her ears cleaned (she actually calls the ENT the "Scrapey" doctor). Since she really can't tell me what is going on, I am not sure if it hurts her or the noise bothers her, but whatever it is she screams like he is trying to suck her brain out of her ear.  She always tells me in advance that there will be crying. 

Today's results...double ear infection with a Z-pak and drops prescribed.  I am so happy for the Z-pak, meds are hard for us. She can't swallow a pill, most liquids taste terrible and the doses are pretty large.  I strongly feel that all medicines should come in strip or dissolving tablet form.  I can tell you that I literally cried they day I realized they stopped making Triaminic Thin Strips. The Z-pak is 5 days and we are done! 

So it was a good thing I put dinner in the crock pot this morning! I had a frozen teriyaki pork tenderloin, teriyaki sauce, orange juice and orange blossom honey..... 

Slow Cooker Orange Teriyaki Tenderloin 

1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup orange blossom honey 
1 Dole Mandarin Orange 4 oz. cup

In crock pot mix teriyaki sauce, orange juice and honey.  Add pork tenderloin, turning in sauce to coat, spoon sauce over tenderloin.  Cover crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours, if you like you can turn meat once during cooking. 

When done cooking remove tenderloin from crock pot and either shred or slice. Serve over rice and garnish with orange slices. 

Note: After shredding my tenderloin I made a slurry of 1/4 cup orange juice and 2 tablespoons cornstarch and added it to the liquid in the crock pot to thicken. I then put the shredded pork back in the  crock pot and served from there. 

This was a big hit! Matt and Keely both enjoyed it and the pork stayed so tender that I was able to eat some myself.  The picture is my plate... it is actually a saucer.  I am back with the little plate program of eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment