Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tiny Tasks


Today was the day of many tiny tasks. Little short projects that needed to get done but have just been piling up.  It was also a day of laundry, as that never seems to end. It is amazing to me how many articles of clothing three people can go through.

Between loads of laundry, bills were organized, emails were answered, the dishwasher was emptied and restocked, clothes were mended (that sounds so 1889) paperwork was tackled, Girl Scout packets were stapled, chicken breasts were broken down into tenders, cubes and cutlets then bagged and frozen, coupon binder was cleaned out and on and on.

I love the feeling of accomplishment that getting lots of tiny tasks done gives me.  I am a list maker, my tasks have sub-catagories that give me extra things to check off when done. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than checking something off my list.

I still have some more tiny tasks to be taken care of tomorrow as well as some larger ones to get ready for company on Saturday.  I am super excited for a visit from my Bestie and her husband.  They are coming to speak to my Girl Scouts about life in Russia!


No comments:

Post a Comment