Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spaghetti Night

Another super cold day here in the frozen north. Days like today make me seriously consider moving back down south.  Much of my day was spent under my toasty new electric throw with Joy while she napped.  Don't get me wrong. I did get work done between warming sessions. Floors were swept and mopped. I almost gave my mommy an asthma attack. More in the never ending laundry cycle wash, dry, fold repeat.  I also started a cute Valentines garland for my archway.

So I really did not do too much thinking about dinner (need to menu plan for the rest of the week) and I ended up doing a quick spaghetti with turkey meatballs made by my mom.  Let me tell you, these girls love spaghetti.  Keely is a pasta fiend in general. Mix anything with pasta and down it goes. The announcement that we were having spaghetti for dinner was met with a very loud "Essss!" For all of you who do not speak Keely-ese that means "Yesssss!"

My niece Joy is seems shares her cousin's enthusiasm for spaghetti.  She was not satisfied with her dinner of string beans and sweet potato.  So, I stripped her down and gave her a dish of spaghetti. The following is a picture of what ensued.  (Keely was not going to be left out of the fun.)


Of course naked spaghetti always ends with a trip right to the tub. The dogs are thrilled to follow behind the naked spaghetti eater.  Snacks fall off the naked spaghetti eater every step of the way. 

OK, now a little bit more about me.  I am a very tactile person. Because of this, clothes need to be de-tagged.  Lakes with mud bottoms are not swum in and certain foods are never eaten.  Jello, kiwi and bananas to name a few.  I just do not like the way they feel in my mouth. (insert your own crude joke here.) 

Now remember my non banana consumption is because of the texture of the banana. I love the flavor of bananas. I love banana flavored things.  Enter the Yonanas.  My mother brought one with her on her last visits for my niece Elise.  It is rarely used because Elise did not like it.  I was thinking this could be a fun way to get more fruit in both myself and Keely.  SOOOOO....I absconded from my sister's house last night with the Yonanas under my arm.  

This morning I peeled 2 bananas on the verge of baking stage and put them in the freezer.  Tonight I can tell you... I LOVE THE YONANAS!  It is my new favorite appliance.  I made Keely and I chocolate banana ice cream.  It was as easy as running the frozen bananas through the machine and mixing 4 teaspoons of chocolate milk powder to the finished product.  It was smooth and creamy. The consistency of soft serve ice cream.  We were both sorry I only had 2 bananas. 

Since I don't have the manual I have been poking around the internet to get some Yonanas recipes!  Has anyone else ever used one of these? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment