Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Food Inventory Started

Woke up this morning feeling worse than yesterday, so after I put Keely on the bus I laid down on the sofa and slept another THREE hours.  After a shower and change of pajamas (I have been in my pajamas since Monday night, I get now why Hugh Hefner does it.) I was feeling a bit more more human so I decided to start my food inventory. I have four areas to inventory: basement pantry, chest freezer, kitchen pantry, kitchen refrigerator/freezer.  I knocked out the basement pantry today before Joy joined me for the afternoon and the girls got home from school. So I am a quarter of the way through this project. I found my inventory sheets at Organized Home.  There are so many wonderful holiday prep printables there, even decoration inventory sheets!

I have revamped my menu plan for the week and decided to cook right out of my basement pantry. I have been slowly moving us away from processed boxed foods now that I am home all day. So I would like to use up what I have. Are they convenient? Yes, but they are also full of sodium. (Another check in the Healthy Resolution Column) 

Tonights dinner was....

Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff

1 pound ground beef
1 tablespooon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups water
1 cup milk

Brown ground beef with 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Once brown add 2 Knorr Pasta Sides Stroganoff mixes, 2 cups water, 1 cup of milk and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.  Once a boil is reached turn heat down to medium, add 2 tablespoons Tastefully Simple Onion Onion blend and let simmer another 8-10 minutes until noodles are soft continuing to stir frequently.  Stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream, continue to cook on low 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve.  You may need it to sit to thicken for a few minutes before serving. 



I served this with green beans and a quick cucumber and tomato salad.  
It came out really tasty, however, it was really the first thing I have eaten in two days so that might factor in a little. 

Tomorrow is kitchen pantry inventory! I feel this is going to take me most of the morning because there at a lot of cupboards to go through. Then I need to stock up on some canned vegetable before Price Chopper's Can Crazy sale ends. Hopefully I will be able to get back in the basement while Joy is napping to inventory the chest freezer. I can't believe tomorrow is already Thursday, time flies when you are in a sickness induced stupor.


No comments:

Post a Comment