Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Real Men Eat Quiche

My nose is so stuffy. Whatever it is I have has settled squarely in the middle of my face.
I can't breathe. My mouth keeps drying out from having to breathe through it. Blech!  Cooking has been hard.  As I told you before I cook by taste and when you can't smell you really can't taste.  It has been a challenge.

Tonight for dinner I made a quick quiche. It is my own recipe. Matt and Keely both love it.  I use hash browns as the crust.

Ham and Cheese Potato Quiche

1 cup shredded potatoes
3 ounces chopped deli ham
3 ounces chopped prosciutto ham
1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
6 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
butter (for pie dish)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Butter the sides and bottom of pie dish.  Press 1 cup of shredded potatoes into bottom and sides of pan to form a crust.  Bake for 20 minutes to set.

While crust is baking. Finely chop 3 ounces of deli ham and 3 ounces of prosciutto.  Beat together eggs, cream, garlic and onion powder.  Layer ham, prosciutto and cheese over potato crust.  Pour egg mixture over top and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.  Turn oven down to 350 and bake until set approximately 30 more minutes.  Quiche is set when middle is slightly soft and sides don't move when pan is jiggled.  



No comments:

Post a Comment