Sunday, January 6, 2013

Menu Planning and Ad Matching

I am going to try menu planning. To go along with that I have decided that this week in addition to my regular coupon clipping, I am going to test out Walmart's ad match policy.

There were five coupon inserts in the paper this week. I clipped what I know I will use and put those in my binder, then dated and filed the inserts for later use.  I have not found a site to do the ad matching for me so I did that while watching Keely bowl on the Wii. Click here to read what inspired my insanity.

I spent part of the morning downloading several menu planning printables to try out and decide which works best for me. 


I can't believe then volume of information and templates that are out there for this sort of project once you start looking.

I am getting ready to go on my shopping trip to pick up some basics I need for the week. My plan for the rest this week in this area is to take stock of my freezer and pantry so I don't keep buying items I have on hand but forget they are there. (Sort of how I wound up with 5 bottles of soy sauce and 4 things of table salt, which will last me the rest of this decade.) 

I have a cute envelope template, that I will be making this week, for my savings projects.  Please post if you have decided to join me and we can keep each other on track.  

Check in tomorrow for how the Ad Matching Expedition turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment